- In this policy we set out details of the delivery methods, periods and charges that apply to orders for our products made through our website or by telephone or email.
- This policy is a legally binding document, and this policy shall form part of the contract of sale between you and us made under our terms and conditions of sale.
- We offer free Royal Mail Special Delivery to all mainland UK addresses on all orders. We do not offer free delivery when shipping outside of the UK.
- We deliver to the following countries and territories: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- We may from time to time agree to deliver products to other countries and territories. Please contact Sue for details.
Delivery methods and periods
- Sue Lane Jewellery makes all work by hand and to order. The methods that we use to deliver our products, and the time periods within which delivery is usually completed, are as follows:
(a) If your delivery address is on the United Kingdom mainland all items are delivered using Royal Mail Special Delivery. The typical period for delivery of products by this method is 5 working days provided the item is in stock. If the item is not in stock, Sue Lane will make the piece for you. This can take up to 4 weeks excluding delivery time depending on the complexity and time of the year.
(b) Should we agree to deliver outside of the United Kingdom, you will be liable to cover all delivery costs including import duties and other taxes if applicable. The cost will depend upon the delivery methods available to your location. Contact Sue for further information.
- The delivery periods set out in this Section 4 are indicative only, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure that you receive your delivery in good time, we do not guarantee delivery before the end of the stated period.
- We may conduct fraud screening checks before dispatching the product, and these checks may delay your delivery. If the delivery is likely to be delayed as a result of fraud screening checks, we will notify you.
- All items are delivered free of change using the methods outlined in section 4.
- International orders from countries outside the European Union may be subject to customs duty charges which is a tax that you as the customer will have to pay for importing foreign goods into your country. For current rates it's advisable to get in touch with your local customs department as you are responsible for these costs.
- Delivery tracking is available in respect of all physical orders for our products.
- To track your delivery, enter your tracking number (which is provided in your order shipping confirmation email) into The Royal Mail Track and Trace webpage.
Receipt and signature
- All deliveries must be received in person at the delivery address, and a signature must be provided.
- If an initial delivery attempt is unsuccessful, our delivery service provider will leave a notification card. This will explain that they tried to make a delivery. You can then collect the item from their local Customer Service Point or arrange a redelivery.
- If you experience any problems with a delivery, please contact us using the contact details that we publish on our website or otherwise notify to you.
- If our delivery service provider is unable to deliver your products, and such failure is your fault, and you do not collect your products from our delivery service provider within the relevant time limit, we may agree to arrange for re-delivery of the products; however, we reserve the right to charge you for the actual costs of re-delivery (even where the initial delivery was free of charge).
- An indicative list of the situations where a failure to deliver will be your fault is set out below:
(a) you provided the wrong address for delivery;
(b) there is a mistake in the address for delivery that was provided;
(c) the address for delivery is not reasonably accessible;
(d) the address for delivery cannot safely be accessed;
(e) there is no person available at the address for delivery to accept delivery and provide a signature.
Sue makes rings to the size your select when ordering. If the ring does not fit, then she will re-size the ring free of charge (once only) providing:
- You (the customer) pay £9 to cover Royal Mail Special Delivery costs for returning the ring to you (can be paid by cheque or back transfer).
- You (the customer) ensure it's returned within 14 days of delivery.
Please contact Sue before returning a ring for a re-size; it is so useful to have a discussion to help gauge how much adjustment is needed.
Please note: rings must be returned via Royal Mail Special Delivery and opting for the appropriate insurance option to cover the cost of the item. Sue Lane is not responsible for the delivery costs of returning a ring for re-sizing or for lost or damaged rings whilst in transit. For more details, please read our Returns Policy.
Sue will happily resize, refinish or repolish the ring at any time after the 14 days have expired, but at a cost based on the time needed to fulfil the work which Sue can quote before you return the ring.
Not sure of your ring size?
If you are not sure of your ring size, please contact Sue. She can arrange your order and then post out a free ring sizer to you. You then simply call or email with the measurement.